Intel Parallel Studio XE 2020 Composer Edition (for Windows)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Integration with MS Visual Studio
If you wish to use the MS Visual Studio IDE for your fortran code development, you must install the Visual Studio program prior to installing the Intel compiler itself. Instructions for this can be found here .
These instructions and the software they reference is meant only for TAMUQ users. The instructions assume the user has a VPN connection to the TAMUQ network (if she is off-campus) and is able to access shared network drives at TAMUQ.
- Go to "P:\Office of Research\Research Computing\RC\IntelCompiler - Fortran"
- Drag and drop the "parallel_studio_xe_2020_composer_edition_setup" program icon from the file explorer window on to your desktop.
- Right-click the "parallel_studio_xe_2020_composer_edition_setup" program icon on your desktop and select "Run as Administrator" from the drop-down menu.
- Accept default answers for any prompts or questions from the installer until you reach the license activation screen. Instead of providing a serial number, click the "Choose alternative activation" link. You will see the following window:
- Select the "Floating license activation" option, then type "rc-lics" (withouth the quotes) into the Server Host name field. Leave the default value for the port number field unchanged. Click OK.
- You should now see the following screen:
- Click the "Install" button and allow the installation to complete. Quit the installer when done.
- Delete the "parallel_studio_xe_2020_composer_edition_setup" program icon on your desktop.
Launching the IDE
To launch the Intel Visual Fortran compiler IDE:
From the Windows start menu ‐‐> Visual Studio 2019
For beginners, opening the following help page in your browser may be useful:
C:/Program Files (x86)/IntelSWTools/documentation_2020/en/ps2020/getstart_comp.htm