Jump to navigation Jump to search
Visit this link to find about minimum requirements for MATLAB installation in your machine.
Versions Available for TAMUQ users
- R2015a (Mac and Windows)
- R2016a (Windows and Linux)
- R2017a (Windows)
- R2018b (Windows)
- Navigate to "P:\Office of Research\Research Computing\RC\Matlab". If you are not able to see P: drive, contact IT helpdesk.
- In the appropriate folder (e.g. R2013b, R2012b, R2017a etc.) right-click on the "Setup" icon and click on “Run as administrator”.
- In the Mathworks Installer window, choose the “Install without using the Internet” / "Use a File Installation key" option. Click Next.
- Accept the license terms. Click Next.
- Select the “I have the File Installation Key…” option, then copy and paste the installation key (a long numerical string) from the appropriate file (e.g. InstallationKey2017a.txt) located under P:\Office of Research\Research Computing\RC\Matlab\R201*. (Replace * with release number you are installing). Click Next.
- Unless you know what you are doing, choose to do a “Typical” install. Click Next.
- Accept the default install folder location. Click Next. Allow the installer to create the folder if it doesn’t exist.
- When asked to provide a license file location, click the Browse button and navigate to the folder; P:\Office of Research\Research Computing\RC\Matlab; and select "License_for_Client_Computers.lic". Click Next. Make sure you are connected to the Staff network before proceeding with this step, or you are connected to the TAMUQ network over VPN if you are off-campus.
- Finally, click on the Install button to start the installation.