Microsoft Visual Studio (for Windows)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
These instructions and the software they reference is meant only for TAMUQ users. The instructions assume the user has a VPN connection to the TAMUQ network (if she is off-campus) and is able to access shared network drives at TAMUQ.
- Navigate to the following folder on your shared P drive:
P:\Office of Research\Research Computing\RC\VisualStudio\2019CommunityEdition
- Right-click on the "vs_Community" program icon and select "Run as Administrator" from the drop-down menu.
- Accept default answers to all prompts until you arrive at this screen:
- Under the Workloads tab on that screen, select the "Desktop development with C++" install option and click the "Install" button on the bottom right of the screen.
- Allow the installation to complete. This may take upwards of 10 minutes, depending on your hardware.