- Go to P:\Office of Research\Research Computing\RC\Sigmaplot\12.0
- In the sub‐folder “12.0/SPWSetup”, right‐click the “Setup” application icon and choose “Run as Administrator” to start the installer.
- On the initial screen, click the “Next” button, then accept the license terms & click Next again.
- In the “User Information” window enter the user’s full name or something like “TAMUQ User”. Click Next.
- Click Next to keep the default install folder.
- Click Next to keep the default feature selection for the install.
- Click Next to start the install.
- On the final screen, click Finish to exit the installer.
In order to properly configure a copy of Sigmaplot to communicate with our campus license server, follow the steps below:
- After installation, go to Start‐‐>Computer‐‐>right‐click on “Computer” and select “Properties”.
- Choose “Advanced System Settings” on the left‐hand of the window that opens.
- Click the “Environment Variables” button.
- Click the “New...” button in the System Variables section of the window.
- Variable Name: LSFORCEHOST and Variable Value: rc-licenses
- Click OK three times to accept changes, and close the New System Variable, Environment Variables, and System Properties dialogs.
- Launch SigmaPlot to test if license is checked out.
Note that if you get a “No license found” error when launching SigmaPlot after this procedure, click the “Details>>” button in the error window. If the details show a message such as the following, then it means that all current network licenses are checked out and you must attempt launching SigmaPlot at a different time (when one of the existing users quits his/her instance of the program and a license is released back into the pool):
“The licensing system has licensing resources that could satisfy the request, but they are not available at the time of the request.”
When you press the OK button on the error window, you will see options to “Activate” the product, or to “Update” the product license key or license file. You do not need to any of this. The real problem is that all the network licenses are being used; that all.