- At-least 15GB of free space.
- Preferably multiple core system.
- At-least 4GB of memory.
Versions Available for TAMUQ users
Below instructions are written while installing Ansys 16.1 and should be same for other releases of Ansys.
- Navigate to "P:\Office of Research\Research Computing\RC\Ansys\" and copy "Ansys 16.1" folder on your Desktop/Laptop computer
- Open Ansys 16.1 -> ANSYS_161_WINX64_DISK1
- Right click on "Setup.exe" and select "Run as Administrator"
- Ansys Installation window will open
- Select first option "Install Ansys Products"
- Read the license agreement and select "I Agree" on the bottom. Click Next
- Select the installation directory. If you want to use the default directory, just click "Next"
- In next screen it will ask for the License server, type "tamuq-license3" w/o quotes in Host ID field
- On next screen, Just click next.
- Click Next.
- Installation will begin.
- During Installation it will ask you for the path to Second Disk. Provide path to ANSYS_161_WINX64_DISK2 folder which is in Ansys 16.1 folder on your computer.
- Installation will resume and it can take some time depending upon speed of your computer.
TAMUQ has ANSYS Multiphysics campus solution to fulfill the needs of Students, Faculty and Researchers. Before you follow below steps, make sure you have read ANSYS licensing terms. ANSYS academic products have an imposed 50-mile LAN Radius, if you are out of this radius, you cannot use TAMUQ Ansys license.
Depending upon type of user, our ANSYS license can be categorized in following;
-> Academic Teaching -> These products may be used only for student instruction, student projects and student demonstrations.
-> Academic Research -> These products may be used only for degree and/or non degree-related research, student instruction, student projects and student demonstrations.
Please identify your USER type and proceed with the configuration as per below guideline.
- Click "Start" in your computer, go to All programs -> Ansys <ver> -> Ansys Client Licensing and Right click on "Client ANSLIC_ADMIN Utility <ver>" and select "Run as administrator".
- A dialogue box will open, asking for permission to open this utility. Click "Yes"
- Click first menu item, "Specify the License Server Machine".
- Select the current license server line and click on "Edit License Server Machine". If there is no line item present already, click on "Add Server machine specification"
- In next window, enter tamuq-ansys.qatar.tamu.edu in "Hostname 1" field. If there is license server already mentioned, please overwrite. Don't change port numbers, leave them as default. Click "OK"
- Now Select "Set License preferences for User <username>"
- Select "Release <your Ansys version>".
- This step varies for the type of user. Please make sure you select right license type to comply with ANSYS Licensing terms. Please contact help desk if you have any confusion about licensing terms, this is really very important that our users follow the licensing guideline provided by ANSYS.
- If you are a FACULTY or STUDENT and using ANSYS for student instruction, student projects and student demonstrations, do following;
- Click on "Academic Teaching Advanced" and click "Move up", this implies that your ANSYS will use the right license for your need. Similarly go to "PrePost" tab and click "Ansys Academic Teaching Advanced" and click "Move up". Press "Ok" at the end.
- If you are a Researcher or FACULTY or STUDENT and using ANSYS for any Research project. Make sure "Ansys Academic Research" is at the top in License preferences. Both in "Solver" and "Pre-post" tab.
- Licensing is configured now. You can use ANSYS as per your needs. In case you have any questions, feel free to email helpdesk (at) qatar.tamu.edu
- Go to "Start -> All Programs -> Ansys 16.1" and right click on "Workbench 16.1" and select "Run as administrator"